Sunday, February 17, 2008

VDay naan, needles, and no dogs

Hey everyone! This is where I'll be posting my non-doggie ramblings from now on.

Valentine's day update. We steered completely clear of the commercial aspects of it this year, and it was quite lovely.

We decided to stay home and attempt to cook some Indian food together. I found a nummy chicken curry recipe, and there's an Indian grocery near our house that I've been itching to check out. It was a little overwhelming, but they had tons of exotic and delicious-sounding ingredients to choose from. I'm quite sure we'll go back. They even had frozen naan.

The dinner was a smashing success, despite the fact that the curry cooked up the color of the contents of a baby's diaper. I can't think of anything more fluffy and delightful than perfectly cooked Basmati rice. And even the frozen naan worked out.

Earlier that day I'd made my first trip to an acupuncturist in preparation for our next embryo transfer. That happened on the 15th. Stay tuned for more.

2 comments:

Tanya Espanya said...

Yoink!

I'll bookmark this site, then?

For lunch I had some chicken curry leftovers.

And now I'm going to try and feed Alexander some mashed up beets. Red red beets...I'll let you know how it goes! hahaha!

Slave to the dogs said...

Tanya, have fun with that diaper if you manage to get him to eat those beets.

You can bookmark both if you care to read about the creatures. Otherwise, this one will do.